Nan's Magnificent Meatloaf
500g lean beef mince
1 carrot (grated)
1 onion (grated)
1 cup of frozen peas (microwaved)
1 red capsicum (diced)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1 cup of fine dry breadcrumbs
1 cup of bacon (diced)
1 tsp of Holbrook's Sauce -- Secret Ingredient
11/2 tsp of Chicken Stock Powder
1/2 cup Rosella Chutney or Apricot Jam (for glaze)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C .
2. Line Meatloaf baking tin with olive oil spray and/ or baking paper.
3. Mix together by hand all ingredients in a large bowl except for glaze.
4. Press meatloaf mixture into baking tin.
5. Heat chutney or jam in microwave for 40 seconds, then brush over meatloaf.
6. Put meatloaf in oven and bake for 80 minutes.
7. Place on cooling rack for 5 minutes.
8. Slice thickly and serve with roast Desiree potatoes and cheese sauce.