3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
4 Chicken Thighs or 500g Chicken Strips
1 Onion (diced)
1 Leek (washed and diced)
1 cup of Carrot (grated)
1 cup of Bacon (cubed)
1 tablespoon of coconut cream -- Secret Ingredient
1 tablespoon of milk
1/2 cup of Chicken Stock Powder (gluten-free)
2 sliced of Frozen Puff Pastry
Water (to glue pastry edges together)
egg and milk wash (for glaze)
1. Preheat oven to 200C/ 400F/ Gas 6.
2. Heat fry-pan and add Olive Oil.
3. Add Chicken to pan and brown.
4. Add onion, leek and bacon to pan.
5. Microwave carrot and add to pan.
6. Mix coconut cream, milk and Chicken Stock in a jug and pour into pan.
7. Scoop the contents of the pan into a pie dish.
8. Slice and layer Puff Pastry over the top of the pie dish gluing the layers together with water.
9. Use a pastry brush to glaze the pie with the egg and milk wash.
10. Cut a hole in the centre of the pastry.
11. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
12. Serve with potato mash/ mashed potatoes.