1 Short Sweet Pastry
2 cans of Pie Apples or Peaches (drained)
1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
5 1/2 tablespoons of Brown Sugar
1/2 cup of Sultanas or Dates (chopped) -- Secret Ingredient
1/4 cup of Icing Sugar
N.B.* If using 6 raw green apples (cored) instead of canned variety, add 1 teaspoon of butter
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius/ 425 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas 7.
2. Grease Pie Plate or use Baking Paper.
3. Place Short Sweet Crust on base of Pie Plate and trim to size.
4. In a mixing bowl, place apples or peaches, cinnamon, brown sugar and sultanas or dates.
5. Mix and add to Pie Plate.
6. Add butter on top if using raw apples.
7. Slice strips of Short Sweet Pastry and lay over filling to make a lattice design.
8. An egg and milk mixture can be used to stick the lattice to the base and on top to give a golden colour once baked.
9. Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
10. Serve with ice-cream, cream or custard.